Emergency Messages and Announcements
Below please find recent public announcement(s) and emergency message(s) issued by the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Rangoon.
Message for U.S. Citizens
Town Hall Meeting for U.S. Citizens
Wednesday, October 07, 2015, 5:30-7:00pm
Jefferson Center, Mandalay
All U.S. citizens living in or around Mandalay are welcome to attend a Town Hall Meeting at the Jefferson Center in Mandalay on Wednesday, October 07, 2015, from 5:30pm to 7:00 p.m. Deputy Chief of Mission, Ms. Kristen Bauer, will present an overview of recent developments in bilateral relations, including topics related to the upcoming elections. If you have any specific questions or issues that you would like addressed, please let us know.
If you would like to attend the event, please RSVP with your name, passport number, and your place of residence in Burma to: ConsularRangoon@state.gov. Attendance is strictly limited to the first forty persons who RSVP. The deadline for RSVP’s is 5pm, Monday, October 05, 2015, or when the forty person limit is reached, whenever is soonest.
The event will start at 5:30pm sharp. Please allow time for security screening. Please bring your U.S. passport for entry into the Jefferson Center. Note that large bags or back packs, cell phones, computers, cameras, or electronic items will not be allowed inside the Jefferson Center. The Jefferson Center is located at 53, Corner of 26th Street & 71th Street, Chan Aye Thar San Township, Mandalay.
- See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Burma Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Rangoon, located at 110 University Avenue, Kamayut Township, at +95-01-536-509, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +95 09-51-24330, or +95 01-500-547.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Security Message to U.S. Citizens - Town Hall Meeting for U.S. Citizens September 10, 2015
- Security Message to U.S. Citizens - Taxis Incidents May 21, 2015
- Security Message to U.S. Citizens - Burmese Water Festival March 31, 2015
- TRAVEL ALERT WORLDWIDE 2015
- Security Message for United States Citizens - TRAVEL ALERT WORLDWIDE - Dec 20, 2014
- Security Message for United States Citizens - Worldwide Caution- Oct 16, 2014
- Security Message for United States Citizens - Town Hall Meeting for American Citizens- Oct 24, 2014
- Security Message for United States Citizens - Bomb explosion in Taunggyi - Oct 08, 2014
- Security Message for United States Citizens - Kayin and Mon - Sept 30, 2014
- Security Message for United States Citizens - Thailand Travel Alert - May 28, 2014
- Internal Revenue Service Webinar on Reporting Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts - May 27 2014
- Security Message for United States Citizens - Curfew in Sittwe, Rakhine State - May 14, 2014
- Security Message to United States - Burmese Water Festival (Thingyan) - April 4, 2014
- Security Message for United States Citizens - Ongoing Violence in Rakhine State- March 29, 2014
- Security Message to United States Citizens – Recent Bombings in Burma and General Security Awareness - October 15, 2013
- Emergency Message: 8.7 magnitude quake strikes off Indonesia; travelers are advised to heed regional tsunami warnings.
- Security Message to United States Citizens – August 21, 2013
- Warden Message – Burma’s Elections
- World Caution
Going abroad? Be a Smart Traveler!
Smart travelers are safe. Find out information about your new destination before you travel by reading:
Smart travelers stay connected. Enroll with Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to stay up to date with important safety and security announcements. Enrolling also helps the Department provide critical assistance in emergencies.