American English Language Classes
The American Center Language Classes only take students in the weeks prior to each term. Terms traditionally start each January, May, August, and September. Please look for our brochure at the American Center, to learn when to register for our next term. Also, we encourage you to periodically stop by the Baldwin Library to learn about special upcoming events.
Current Class Descriptions:
- English Level 1 (Beginner) – Designed for beginning students of English who are interested in improving their proficiency in the spoken and written word.
- English Level 2 (High Beginner) – Designed to improve students’ proficiency in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, writing and reading.
- English Level 3 (Low Intermediate) – Expands on key grammar forms introduced in the beginner courses. Students also begin to focus on improving pronunciation.
- English Level 4 (Intermediate) – Students use all four skill areas to discuss many topics, including cultural expectations, household problems and solutions, and opinions.
- English Level 5 (High Intermediate I) – This class is designed to improve writing skills, with an emphasis on essay writing.
- English Level 6 (High Intermediate II) – Students are lead through a variety of English language activities that greatly improve critical thinking skills.