Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Report Birth Abroad

U.S. citizen parents of a child born in Burma should report the birth to the Consular Office at the U.S. Embassy in Rangoon. The Embassy can help you apply for and receive a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and a U.S. passport. The Report of Birth Abroad is not a birth certificate, but it can often be used in place of one in the United States. 

American Citizens can make appointments for Consular Report of Birth Abroad services online at the Embassy’s ACS Online Appointment System.  Applications must be submitted in person. The Consular Office welcomes applicants Monday-Friday, between 2:00 and 3:30 p.m.

Comprehensive guidance is provided on the Department of State’s website.

Appointments Required

  • Beginning February 3, 2014, all non-emergency citizen services will require an appointment made through our online scheduling system, which can be found hereWe ask that you please plan accordingly.  If you come to the Embassy for non-emergency services without an appointment, we will not be able to assist you.  These services include passport applications, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, notarials, federal benefits questions, or general inquiries.  American Citizens with emergency needs are not required to make an appointment. 

Going abroad? Be a Smart Traveler!